Bakers Wanted: the Art of Cake
To celebrate the Salina Art Centerʼs 40th Birthday, we are inviting pastry chefs, bakers, and cake makers of all types to submit proposals for cakes that are works of art. We want cakes that are ornate, audacious, and scrumptious. Selected cakes will be displayed during the 40th Birthday Bash at Salina Art Center on August 24th. Cake artists are encouraged to be present during the party. We anticipate over 100 members, patrons, and sponsors will join us for our Birthday celebration.
- A visual drawing or photo of your cake proposal & flavor guide along with contact information must be submitted to Salina Art Center CAKE Selection Committee by July 1, 2018.
There is no fee to apply. Send your proposal to: email@example.com or mail/drop off 242 S. Santa Fe, Salina KS 67401
Selected artists will be notified by July 15 if they are accepted. If selected, you agree to provide:
- 1 elaborately decorated, artistic cake that will be part of the exhibition of cakes and eventually sold. Cake should serve 8-12 guests.
- 1 tasting cake or 100 bite size pieces of the same flavor profile for guests to sample throughout the evening.
- Cakes must be delivered by 3 p.m. on August 24
- Each baker will receive a $250 honorarium from Salina Art Center to help cover expenses. Any additional expenses are the responsibility of the baker.
- Each baker & their contact information will be listed in the gallery guide of cakes.