Become a know-it-all in contemporary art and culture by participating in an unpaid internship at the Salina Art Center. Positions are open to both students and non-students interested in expanding their understanding and experience of non-profit organizations and contemporary art spaces. Internships are regularly available in a number of departments at the Center, including curatorial, education, development, marketing and public relations, and gallery prep/management. Click on a link below for more details.
Summer Art Volunteer Click here to fill out form.
Curatorial Internship Learn More
Graphic Design Internship Learn More
Fill your center by volunteering at the Salina Art Center. Sharing your time and interest in contemporary art by volunteering at the Art Center is a dynamic way to get involved and meet other people connected to Salina’s thriving art scene.
Volunteer docents at the Salina Art Center provide visitors of all ages the opportunity to derive meaning from active encounters with contemporary visual art. By leading discussions about Art Center exhibitions, docents help the Art Center fulfill its mission to create exchanges among art, artists, and audiences that reveal life.
Salina Art Center Docents:
are trained to lead observation- and inquiry-based tours
• are professional volunteers
• act as informed Art Center ambassadors throughout the community
• play a critical role in the Art Center’s educational programming
• enjoy the benefit of meeting and learning from exhibiting artists in special exhibition trainings
The role of a Docent is to facilitate lively, insightful conversations by:
• providing basic introductory information about works in an exhibition
• asking thought-provoking questions to engage participants in a discussion
While no formal training or experience is required to become a SAC Docent, some qualifications are needed:
• Comfort speaking in public
• Willingness to devote time to learning about contemporary art and gallery teaching
SAC docents currently meet once per month for a 1½-hour exhibition training or discussion. After training is complete, docents are expected to give at least one hour-long tour per exhibition. For more information, please contact Ann Marie Morris, Curator of Education, 827-1431.