Salina Art Center education programs are designed to provide learners of every age the opportunity to construct meaning from active encounters with visual art.
Through programs designed for all levels of development, participants are actively involved in:
- formulating questions
- seeking concepts and meanings
- making critical judgments about the issues, ideas, and questions raised by original works of art and creative processes—as well as about their relevance to other areas of life and learning, both in and out of the classroom
The benefits of participation include:
- gaining knowledge of media techniques and processes
- developing skills in perceptive analysis, communication, and critical and conceptual thinking
- learning to utilize contemporary art as a catalyst for lifelong learning
Many SAC education programs are free; students in need receive fee reductions/waivers for all programs that charge for enrollment.
Salina Art Center programs, exhibitions and films are presented in part by Salina Art Center donors: the Horizons Grants Program of the Salina Arts & Humanities, and the City of Salina;